Great Migration Safaris
9 DAYS | 8 NIGHTS SAFARI
Each year, almost two million wildebeest and 20,000 plains game migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to the south of Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of lush grazing grounds and life-giving water. This treacherous journey is dictated by the seasons and where the rains are, the wildebeest are not far behind. This epic journey from north to south spans almost 3000 kilometers and is virtually endless.
This great spectacle of nature is an iconic safari option for avid travelers, nature lovers and those who want a little more from their African experience. Rather than having a start or end point, the Great Migration moves metrically in a clockwise direction, making herd tracking unpredictable.
DAY BY DAY
Day 1: JRO – Arusha City (55KM/1HR)
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), you will be welcomed by NAT – DMC representative and transferred to Arusha City for enjoyment, trip briefing, Dinner and Overnight stay at Mount Meru Hotel. Here you will have a half meal board in the first day.
An opportunity to view Mount Meru and the glance of Arusha City depends on the arrival time.
Day 2: Arusha City – Lake Manyara National Park (130KM, 2HRS)
In the morning after enjoying delicious breakfast at Mount Meru Hotel, depart to Lake Manyara National Park starting with a guided walk to stretch your legs at an authentic village of Mto wa Mbu ‘River of Mosquitoes’, to understand the typical daily lives of human inhabitants and thereafter you will be driven to Lake Manyara National Park for an afternoon game drive and bustling with a variety of wild animals and not hordes of tourist vehicles.
Dinner will be served at Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge on a full board basis to make your overnight stay awesome.
Day 3: Lake Manyara National Park – Serengeti National Park (Ndutu Area) – 150KM, 3HRS
Early in the morning after heavy breakfast then check out from your hotel and depart to Ndutu Area in Serengeti National Park together with your full picnic lunch boxes ready for full day game view.
It is the area along the boundary of Ngorongoro Conservation Area and Serengeti National Park where the great migration is supposed to be between January and April where about 2 million plus wild animals will bring their young babies for highly nutritious grass in an open area to give you a truly experience. Then your day will end at Mbugani Migration Camp for Dinner and Overnight stay on a full board basis.
Day 4 & 5: Serengeti National Park (Ndutu Area)
Next to high tea in the morning depart with your delicious picnic lunch boxes ready for full day game viewing in Ndutu Area where you will enjoy a nice view in a full game drive in the area like chasing, hunting and many others, and en route to Mbugani Migration Camp for Dinner and Overnight stay.
Day 6 & 7: Ndutu Area – Central Serengeti National Park (150KM, 3HRS)
In the morning after your breakfast at Mbugani Migration Camp check out and drive to the Central part of Serengeti National Park with picnic lunch boxes ready for game viewing to watch the largest concentration of big and small animals who will give you an authentic experience. Dinner and Overnight stay at Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge on a full board basis.
Day 8: Serengeti National Park – Ngorongoro Crater (145KM, 3.5HRS)
Check out from your hotel next to high coffee / tea in the morning with your picnic hamper lunch and drive to spectacular Ngorongoro Crater where you will see pink flamingos spread in Lake Magadi, lot of hyenas, Gazelles e. t. c
Thereafter, ascend back from the Crater after immersed yourself in nature then drive to Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge for overnight stay and dinner.
Day 9: Ngorongoro Crater – Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
Next to an early breakfast in the morning and thereafter you will start descending into the crater floor for a day game drive viewing of wildlife with your picnic lunch boxes for efficiency time management. Dinner and Overnight stay at The Highlands Ngorongoro.
After having breakfast then checkout from the lodge and drive back to Arusha City ready for departure at Kilimanjaro International Airport for flying back home with your picnic lunch. End of our services.
Optional: Visiting Curio shops for cultural shopping to take home.
- Airport transfer on arrival and during departure
- 4X4 Safari Vehicle Toyota Land cruiser with a Pop-up Roof, Opening Sliding Windows, Seat Belts, Heavy duty wheels, Refrigerator for cooling drinks and Eco friendly Trash Bag
- Meals and Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- Service of a Professionally Multi-linguistic linguistic Driver-Guide (well-trained translator guide) with wide variety of skills: Flora and Fauna, Tanzania’s cultural and natural history, e.t.c
- All sightseeing and game viewing as specified in the itinerary
- Delicious picnic lunches box/ hamper while on picnic sites,
- Unlimited mineral drinking water during the Safari
- All Park fees and taxes as applicable such as WMA, Crater service fees, Concession fees and 18% Value Added Tax
- Unlimited game mileage during safari game
- Airport transfer on arrival and during departure Domestic and International flights,
- Visa and travel Insurance which is mandatory
- AMREF Flying Doctors Service for emergency evacuation
- Bar drinks and laundry at the hotels, lodges or camps,
- Tipping for the driver guide recommended US$25per day per couple. During lodging please do not tip individual staff members, but instead use the ‘Tip Box’, which you should find at the reception of your accommodation and you may consider tipping between $5-10 US per day, per guest, at each accommodation at your own discretion.
- Balloon flight (US$595 per person). Experience 60 minute (depending on wind condition) aerial adventure, followed by bush breakfast and champagne
- Festive Season Supplements
- Any amendments (changes) to the above itinerary
BOOK THIS TOUR WITH US
CALL BACK FOR MORE
Enquire now and a Noble Adventure Expert will be in touch within 24 hours!
Related Tour Packages
We specialize in a tailor made independent safari select programmes, that is absolutely responsive to our Client’s tastes, preferences and highly considerable to value for money.