8 DAYS | 7 NIGHTS TREKKING
Rongai Route is the lesser crowding route compared with Marangu route where you can climb mountain Kilimanjaro from the north close to the Kenyan boarder but later descending through the Marangu route. Despite the fact that this route has gaining significant popularity among the Climbers, but yet still it has more gradual slopes than other routes, innocent wildness, more remote hike and offers a different perspective on Kilimanjaro by approaching it from the north.
It is generally considered to be the easiest of the quality routes on the mountain. Rongai is the best route for people who are looking for a decent quality experience and are perhaps not absolutely confident about their fitness. Generally, it takes 8 days (7 nights) to safely climb Mount Kilimanjaro via Rongai Route.
DAY BY DAY
Day 1: Kilimanjaro International Airport – Arusha City
Welcome in Tanzania. Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro airport meet our professional guide and you will be chauffeured to the hotel, recommended Mount Meru Hotel in Arusha City for relaxation, trip briefing and overnight stay.
Day 2: Arusha City – Nalemoru gate (1,950 m) – Simba Camp
After breakfast in the morning depart from Arusha Town to Marangu Gate located inside the Kilimanjaro National Park for entry registration, thereafter you will travel to Nalemoru where it takes 2. 30 hrs, 68km to Rongai Starting point. From there we will begin our trek from an altitude of 2,000m up to 2,670 m to reach the Simba Camp.
Day 3: Simba Camp – Kikelewa Campsite (3,600 m)
Breakfast will begin very early around 7. 00am and hiking will take approximately 7 hrs plus an hour break for lunch at first caves with an ascent of over 1,000 m altitude on the way up to Kikelewa Campsite. Here you will have an amazing view including a stream of water below caves.
Day 4: Kikelewa Campsite – Mawenzi Tarn Campsite (4,303 m)
Day four on the Rongai Route is a short but steep climb from Kikelewa Campsite to Mawenzi Tarn Campsite which sits in the shadow of the magnificent Mawenzi Peak. You will arrive on time for lunch and spend the afternoon exploring the surrounding area and acclimatize for your healthy summit attempts.
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Campsite – Kibo Hut (4,730 m)
After breakfast you will head westwards through the Saddle which is formed between the peaks of Kibo and Mawenzi, and up to Kibo Hut 4,700 m. The route is dry, barren and rather inhospitable but provides spectacular views of Kibo.
At Kibo Hut you will get dinner and will go to bed early around 19. 00 hrs as you will be awoken about 23. 00 hrs by your guide to begin the summit attempts.
Day 6: Kibo Hut – Uhuru Peak (5,895 m) – Horombo Camp (3,720 m)
The day starts at midnight, after being woken up for having tea and snacks you will begin your ascent in the dark across a rocky path to the first check point, Hans Meyer Cave at 5,150 m.
The path then zigzags and increases in steepness as you approach Gilman’s Point 2 to 3 hrs later at 5,681 m. Now you’re on Kibo’s crater rim, a huge achievement! But you still have a 200 m ascent to trek the summit, Uhuru Peak. After a short rest at Kibo Hut, we will gather all our remaining gears and head down to Horombo Camp around 3 hrs for overnight stay and dinner.
Day 7: Horombo Camp – Marangu Gate (1870 m) – Arusha City
After delicious breakfast you will continue with your descent through the lush forest to the Marangu Gate where successful hikers receive their summit certificates. A well equipped 4×4 Land Cruiser will be waiting for you and will drive you to Arusha City.
Day 8: DEPARTING DAY (Arusha City – JRO)
After morning breakfast at your hotel, then transfer with your lunch box to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for flight unless you have an option to have a short safari, we can organize for either Cultural Tourim.
- Airport transfer on arrival and during departure
- Ground local Transport
- Climb briefing conducted by our Office Staff and Leading Guide prior to climb
- All park fees (including Mountain entrance, rescue and hut fees)
- All applicable government taxes
- Accommodation (Hotels, Huts and Tents) and meals as indicated in the confirmed itinerary
- Service of a Professionally Multi-linguistic linguistic mountain-guide and assistants (well-trained translator guide) with wide variety of skills:
- Cook service and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and passenger private bags.
- Unlimited mineral drinking water while on trekking
- Comprehensive First aid Medical Kit.
- Emergency Oxygen at no extra charges
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, to measure client’s oxygen saturation and pulse rate daily.
- 24/7 radios/ phones communication
- Certificate of Appreciation for Climbing Achievement at the end of the exercise
- International and domestic airfare
- AMREF Flying Doctors cover for medical evacuation which last for 30 days effective arrival date
- Tips to guides ($25), porter ($15) and Cook ($10) per guide per day per group
- Items of personal nature such as passport, visa, traveller’s insurance, bar drinks e.t.c
- Personal climbing gears which can be rented e.g sleeping bags
- Medical equipment which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: $250/group for hyperbaric chamber, $210/group for an emergency oxygen cylinder and $140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
BOOK THIS TOUR WITH US
CALL BACK FOR MORE
Enquire now and a Noble Adventure Expert will be in touch within 24 hours!
We specialize in a tailor made independent safari select programmes, that is absolutely responsive to our Client’s tastes, preferences and highly considerable to value for money.