Mount Meru TRekking
5 DAYS | 4 NIGHTS TREKKING
Adventurous travelers who love the idea of climbing an African mountain but who don’t want an extremely challenging experience will enjoy this five-days climb of Mt. Meru.
Most days will include a few hours of hiking, while on the long summit day, you’ll start in the middle of the night and be rewarded by sweeping views over the plains toward Mt. Kilimanjaro. Spot wildlife, trek through different vegetation zones, and afterward, relax at the beautiful and historic Rivertrees Country Inn.
DAY BY DAY
Day 1: DAY 1: Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) – Arusha City
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will meet a representative from NAT – DMC and transferred to your hotel in Arusha City for relaxation, trip briefing and overnight while exploring the glance of Arusha City and Mount Meru view.
Day 2: ARusha City to Momela Gate
Morning transfer to Momela Gate (1500m) to start the climb registration. After registration there will be 3 hours walk to Miriakamba Hut (9,370 ft) for dinner and overnight. You will be excited in the afternoon while explore the Meru Crater during the walk.
Day 3: Miriakamba to Saddle Hut
Start climbing to the big valley and then to Saddle Hut (11,700 ft) which will take about three hours along the steep Saddle walls. After lunch, you will then climb a little higher to explore Little Meru (3820m) about 1 ½ hour hike in the afternoon then back to Saddle Hut for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Saddle Hut to Socialist Peak (mt. meru summit)
Early in the morning start final ascend to the summit of Mount Meru (14,980 ft) which will take up to 5 hours and then return to Miriakamba Hut for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Miriakamba Hut to Momela Gate
Start an easy walk in the morning after breakfast to Momella Gate with arrival at 11.00am then picked for transfer to Arusha City for lunch then transferred back to the JRO airport for flight home.
- Airport transfer on arrival and during departure
- Ground local Transport
- Climb briefing conducted by our Office Staff and Leading Guide prior to climb
- All park fees (including Mountain entrance, rescue and hut fees)
- All applicable government taxes
- Accommodation (Hotels, Huts and Tents) and meals as indicated in the confirmed itinerary
- Service of a Professionally Multi-linguistic linguistic mountain-guide and assistants (well-trained translator guide) with wide variety of skills:
- Cook service and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and passenger private bags.
- Unlimited mineral drinking water while on trekking
- Comprehensive First aid Medical Kit.
- Emergency Oxygen at no extra charges
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, to measure client’s oxygen saturation and pulse rate daily.
- 24/7 radios/ phones communication
- Certificate of Appreciation for Climbing Achievement at the end of the exercise
- International and domestic airfare
- AMREF Flying Doctors cover for medical evacuation which last for 30 days effective arrival date
- Tips to guides ($25), porter ($15) and Cook ($10) per guide per day per group
- Items of personal nature such as passport, visa, traveller’s insurance, bar drinks e.t.c
- Personal climbing gears which can be rented e.g sleeping bags
- Medical equipment which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: $250/group for hyperbaric chamber, $210/group for an emergency oxygen cylinder and $140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
BOOK THIS TOUR WITH US
CALL BACK FOR MORE
Enquire now and a Noble Adventure Expert will be in touch within 24 hours!
We specialize in a tailor made independent safari select programmes, that is absolutely responsive to our Client’s tastes, preferences and highly considerable to value for money.