Ol’ Doinyo Lengai TREKKING
3 DAYS | 2 NIGHTS TREKKING
Ol’ Doinyo Lengai means “The Mountain of God” in the Maasai language of the native people. The volcano is the only active volcano in this part of the Rift Valley and is often mentioned to as strangest volcano on Earth.
It’s is an active volcano mountain in Tanzania and the world which is located in the northern Tanzania lying just south of Lake Natron in the Rift Valley within the Arusha Region of Tanzania, East Africa in the heart of Masai which is regarded as sacred mountain.
DAY BY DAY
Day 1: DAY 1: Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) – Arusha City
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will meet a representative from NAT – DMC and transferred to your hotel in Arusha City for relaxation, trip briefing and overnight while exploring the glance of Arusha City and Mount Meru view.
Day 2: ARusha City to Lake natron
Morning at 8.30am after breakfast pickup from the hotel in Arusha city and depart for Lake Natron on the great lift valley – Mt. Lengai base arrive at the afternoon hours then little tour at Lake Natron by foot, an alkaline lake that serves as the principal breeding site for three-quarters of the world’s population of Lesser Flamingoes.
Day 3: ol' doinyo lengai trekking to arusha city
Start climbing to the Mt. Ol’ Doinyo Lengai (2896m) which will take about 4 to 5 hours on a normal climbing pace. During your climb, you will be escorted by an experienced Maasai guide.
After exploring the peak you will head back down the mountain to the base where your driver will be waiting for you to take you back to the camp to rest and freshen up. You will then be transferred back to Arusha/Moshi through Ngare Sero Maasai village where you will be able to visit the Maasai bomas and experience their ways of life then transferred back to the JRO airport for flight home.
- Airport transfer on arrival and during departure
- Ground local Transport
- Climb briefing conducted by our Office Staff and Leading Guide prior to climb
- All park fees (including Mountain entrance, rescue and hut fees)
- All applicable government taxes
- Accommodation (Hotels, Huts and Tents) and meals as indicated in the confirmed itinerary
- Service of a Professionally Multi-linguistic linguistic mountain-guide and assistants (well-trained translator guide) with wide variety of skills:
- Cook service and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and passenger private bags.
- Unlimited mineral drinking water while on trekking
- Comprehensive First aid Medical Kit.
- Emergency Oxygen at no extra charges
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, to measure client’s oxygen saturation and pulse rate daily.
- 24/7 radios/ phones communication
- Certificate of Appreciation for Climbing Achievement at the end of the exercise
- International and domestic airfare
- AMREF Flying Doctors cover for medical evacuation which last for 30 days effective arrival date
- Tips to guides ($25), porter ($15) and Cook ($10) per guide per day per group
- Items of personal nature such as passport, visa, traveller’s insurance, bar drinks e.t.c
- Personal climbing gears which can be rented e.g sleeping bags
- Medical equipment which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: $250/group for hyperbaric chamber, $210/group for an emergency oxygen cylinder and $140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
BOOK THIS TOUR WITH US
CALL BACK FOR MORE
Enquire now and a Noble Adventure Expert will be in touch within 24 hours!
We specialize in a tailor made independent safari select programmes, that is absolutely responsive to our Client’s tastes, preferences and highly considerable to value for money.